Final Project Series: Georgetown's International Relations
Picture this: you’re the President of the United States and have been alerted to a global crisis that needs your immediate attention. Time is ticking and the world is awaiting your decision. For this assignment, you’ll need to consider several things:
- Will you use force, economic sanctions, or diplomacy?
- How will you modify your decision based on interactions with international organizations, such as the Security Council?
- What are the pros and cons of potential decisions?
Writing a “policy paper,” you’ll outline your goals, recommended actions, and determine what success looks like.
If this fascinating project piques your interest and you’re in high school (13+, specifically), then Georgetown’s Pre-College Online course in international relations is in your future. In this article, we’ll touch on key elements of this high school enrichment course, which culminates in the aforementioned Final Capstone Project, something that can be included in your college portfolio.
About Georgetown’s International Relations Course
The study of international relations is more relevant than ever. We are living through a time of disruption and promise. Technology offers more people a voice—but populist movements threaten democracy. How do these problems and potentials interact? Who are the new movers and shakers? If you are interested in international relations, politics, law, economics, or just curious about how our world works, this international relations pre-college course is a must.
Not only will this course allow you to make use of the details you learned throughout, it will enable you to:
- Learn the skills needed to be an international relations professional.
- Identify the leading players of today’s global system.
- Learn the different theories of human rights.
- Be able to discuss environmental issues, international conflict, and technological change in an informed manner.
- Gain insight into the many forms of global conflict.
- Discover your role and what your future could hold.
- Complete a Final Capstone Project to demonstrate what you’ve learned.
As with all of our Prelum partner courses, Georgetown’s international relations course culminates in a Final Capstone Project. This is where students get to shine, detailing all they’ve learned throughout the online course.
Other Similar Online Courses at Georgetown
Georgetown’s Pre-College Online Program has a wide variety of online courses for high school students. But if international relations interests you, check out their other similar courses in international law, law, and politics and government. Each features dynamic video lessons by renowned Georgetown faculty and access to mentors. The program is available year-round, and the online format enables you to study anywhere, anytime, at your own pace. And, of course, each course finishes with a Final Capstone Project just like the one described above.